Archive for author: workyticket

Who told BBC’s James Pearce about Cabaye listening to negotiations and why?

September 2nd, 2013 | 112 Comments |

Yohan Cabaye shirtless.
More Cabaye cobblers?
Tweeting on his Twitter page earlier today, the BBC’s James Pearce claimed the following:

I’m told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: “25 million a lot for a reserve” #moodchanger”

Of course, it was rapidly retweeted all over the Tooniverse, with the story being repeated on quite a few web sites, based solely on the tweet you see above. However, none of stories I saw seemed to ask the obvious question. Presuming for a moment that Pearce is actually telling the truth and someone did actually tell him that, then who was it and WHY?

After all, the club have placed an iron wall of secrecy around what has really been happening with Cabaye. If someone did actually tell Pearce that, and I have doubts about that, I would also seriously doubt that it would be something that was picked up by a cleaning lady who was hoovering under the desk or dusting the shelves at the time. It would be far more likely that it would be someone FAR higher up the hierarchy at the club if they were privy to that information. It also fits in perfectly with the constant stream of carefully crafted but ridiculous and insulting innuendo put out by Alan Pardew in recent days suggesting that Cabaye has been on strike, but that he can’t say that outright because of his wish to “protect” the player from the fans, even though he is letting the cat of the bag merely by mentioning it. (more…)


Toon fans give their thoughts on Cabaye

September 1st, 2013 | 91 Comments |

NUFC Blog on metro.co.uk
NUFC Blog on metro.co.uk
It was disappointing yet sadly predictable to see some fans at St James’ Park booing Yohan Cabaye on his to action on Saturday, even though they still didn’t know the exact reasons for his absence from Newcastle United’s first two Premier League games. But now I’ve got that off my chest, it’s time to tell you that my latest blog on metro.co.uk is now up!

Entitled “The Yohan Cabaye affair: What the fans think” most of it was actually written by you lot out there! As some of you know already, I posted this blog last Friday asking readers of the site to give your thoughts on the Cabaye transfer imbroglio, and as usual, you gave some excellent responses! They ranged right through the spectrum, from those who believe he actually went on strike, should be banished to the reserves and made to publically apologise to fans, right through to those who thought the strike story was yet another trick to put the blame on the player instead of the club like as they did with the Andy Carroll transfer and several others. (more…)




Newcastle United vs Fulham match banter!

August 31st, 2013 | 58 Comments |

Newcastle United v Fulham.
Middle of the road Cottagers visit SJP.
Venue: St James’ Park, Newcastle.
Date: Sat 31st Aug, 2013.
Kick off: 3.00pm.
Referee: Chris Foy.
UK TV: None.

Hello, good afternoon and welcome to our ‘match banter’ feature, this time for this afternoon’s game against Martin Jol’s solid, middle of the road Fulham.

Now call me a mad irrational fool, but I have a funny feeling in my water that we might not lose this one, and that if the wind is blowing in the right direction, we might even scrape a win! Although Fulham have assumed their usual position after only two games, ie solidly mid-table (12th), they haven’t been totally convincing, scraping a 1-0 away against a transitional Sunderland side then falling at home 1-3 to their fellow Londoners from Arsenal. (more…)